Monday, May 28, 2007

Florence is my Heaven!!!

Ciao!! I did not like saying goodbye to Rome. I really loved that city. I'm still in mourning a little, but now we are here in Florence. I love it so so so much! At first not so much because we got off the train (where we were sitting across from a very cute swiss boy who had the cutest accent and was fun to talk to) we had to walk all the way to our apartment (which isn't that far but 10 steps is too far with the over 30 pound backpack on). When we got there we buzzed up to our hostess lady Felina and she said (Ciao, top floor). So in we went. I should have looked up outside to see how tall the building was. It was so far... like 8 floors up... I really honestly thought I was going to die around floor 6. If I had the energy I would have thrown my backpack out the window. Our little house is so cute! The bathroom is pink and the walls are all bright colors. We can see the Duomo out the window and from our little terrace on the roof (more steps up) we can see the whole city because when you're as high up as a plane you can see anything. We shopped last night just a preshop you know, find out what we want and what we NEED. I did buy a purse last night because it was too good! I love ALL of the jewelry here. Someone teach Kate, kassi, Justine and Mev how to look at this will you? It's pouring rain today but we still love it. We walked all the way down the stairs and opened our big door (like 17 feet tall) and a man was standing there selling umbrellas. Talk about service. haha. Luckily all the shoe and jewelry stores are inside!! I want to spend all of my money here but a man on a plane told Shannon about a jewelry store in Dublin that starts with W.. where we should buy stuff. Does anyone has any idea what that is? Oh ya, I threw away my first thing from home... any guesses what it was? I will tell you in my next blog. Much amore to all of you!! Ciao!

4 comments:

Dannell said...

we share your rain pain! I went out the front door and no umbrella salesman. Our BBQ today sounds damp! I predict you threw away jeans! Heavy and not necessary. I will make contact with the girlies today. I have talked to Kate twice, but I have not heard of the rest and I miss them!

Debbie said...

It is Memorial Day and cold and raining. I will still do hamburgers on the grill though. You do know I mean salmon burgers don't you?
Don't throw your jeans away you may need them in Ireland!

Shannon said...

We are wearing our jeans right now! It has been raining here all day and we're now thankful that we each brought two pairs. We also have on our sweatshirts. I guess we will keep carrying them :)

Bob said...

The store you describe may be called Weir and Sons, located at 96 Grafton St, Dublin 2, Ireland 353-1-677-9678.

Hope that helps.