Tuesday, May 29, 2007

more florence...

Today was our last full day in Florence. I think Amy and I are both going to be sad to leave, just as we were sad to leave Rome. We have had lots of fun here the last couple of days. Today we started early, can you believe we got up before 8!! We had lots of things to do, and some things that will make all of you happy: shopping for presents and mailing post cards! (sorry mom, the first present was for the little sick girl, Tracey get better and I will you bring you your present!) We also started out with coffee, chocolate pasteries, and journaling in a cafe. Very important! Then we ate lunch on our terrace at the guest house and took pictures of all the beautiful views of the city and ourselves. I also spent time sketching the view of the duomo from our room. We also got our tickets for milan and packed up our backpacks again. Then we hung out in Piazza Signoria and journaled, talked to mom, and ate gelato, while trying not to get attacked by the pigeons. While we were there a bride and groom came out of one of the churches and everyone in the piazza applauded. They were beautiful! Better run! Love to all!
-S

4 comments:

Dannell said...

you are doing it all just right. I love that you take the time to enjoy the day and the photo of the two of you with the duomo in the background is so cute. You are high up there it is alomost at your level! LOL!

Debbie said...

I have loved hearing about Florence it sounds beautiful and relaxing. It sounds like you are eating a lot of good food and buying pretty things. So what did you get T? I am anxious to see the sketch you did of the duomo.
Are you getting our emails yet?

Tracey said...

Hi! Ohhhhh goodness... a present for me?! What is it? I am getting better...slowly but surely. How fun to see the bride and groom. I do love weddings! Have a great trip to Milan. What's your favorite gelato flavor so far?

Unknown said...

Hi girls! you're off having fun and I'm here working as usual. travel safe, love you!!

Dad/AF