Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Milano for a minute...

Ciao everyone. Tomorrow I will have to spell it differently! Luckily we got all packed last night, so this morning we had plenty of time to go back to our favorite cafe in Florence and drink fresh squeezed orange juice and relax before going to the train station. Thank you for praying us safely to Milano. We were kind of concerned because there were complicated directions for getting to our hotel, and of course we were carrying the 30+ pound packs which always is tricky. We made it with almost no problem at all, we just had to ask a man at one store how to get from the bus stop to the hotel, and he smiled like he got that question all the time. So he directed us right here, and it seems very nice to us, and we enjoyed a relaxing afternoon sitting on the big covered porch here at the hotel reading and journalling. Amy is a very good little traveler and knows how to make everything fun and like a vacation. We just had dinner at our hotel because it is kind of far from downtown or the sites. I ordered turkey, but I am really not fully convinced that was what it was. I was very happy to have broccoli though! To respond to your comments...tracey, my favorite kind of gelato is bacio, but they didnt have that in the south, but i did discover nutell gelato which was amazing!!! and the present is for TC, but you will have to wait until I come home to know what it is! Tomorrow I will write you from Spain!! Love to all. -S

5 comments:

Dannell said...

you are doing it all just right! you can get hazelnut gelato here which will not be as good, but reminiscent of Italy anyway. It was so good to talk to you. You sound happy and totally in vacation mode. Live it up!
Baci y amore and ciao to Italia! Not forver though!

Unknown said...

Hi girls! I've lost track of where you are now. I need to get a map out and look you up.

Shannon check you gmail account.

love you!

Dad/AF

Debbie said...

I'm not sure I want you to leave Italy yet. I have loved hearing about it. Now we will pray you safely to Spain. Will you still got the gelato there? It seems to be one of the trips highlights. I love you both and I am glad you are having such a wonderful time.

Tracey said...

bacio? can you translate?

cupcake said...

Testing.. this comp is stupid.. just trying to get in to write a blog..