Friday, June 1, 2007

Hola de espagna

I feel like we are that sad team on the amazing race who is going to get kicked off at the next pit stop, and they know it, but they keep going anyway, and they come in after dark like 9 hours after everyone else. That´s us. Luckily, phil wasn´t there when we got to Madrid, just an awesome taxi driver who took us, very speedily to our hotel. When we got in the taxi, he asked us if we spoke Spanish, and we said no, but somehow that didnt stop him from trying to speak it to us the entire way to the hotel. It was very cute. From what I gather, Madrid is very beautiful, and we agreed, and we are from America, and we no comprende any spanish! duh! we told you that to begin with. I think he was our favorite person in the world just at that moment. Anyone who would take us to a hotel with a bed and let us put down the packs is our hero! We finally got there at about 1 am I would guess, but who would know because there are no clocks on this continent? and we slept this morning until noon. Then we were starving and went and had real salad with real salad dressing and real chicken breast at TGI Fridays across from our hotel. Then we took off exploring the city. It really is beautiful, everything about it is bright and sunny. Everyone is in the park relaxing in the shade, but since we woke up just in time for siesta, we decided to keep walking around. We of course had to do some shopping, because the shopping (and food) in spain is my favorite! Amy says Madrid is her favorite, but she says that about every new city we have come to so far, except of course for Milan. We are having a really good time so far, more later....love!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

¡buen día mis muchachas!

Sorry for all the travel stress yesterday (?) Or was it the day before? Anyway, I'm glad you like Madrid. The Spanish taxi driver deserved a good tip! I'm wurchin' as usual.

love you!!!

Dad/AF

Debbie said...

I would love to see you in the amazing race. I bet you would win! The bad travel day is over and now the fun begins again. I have never heard you excited about shopping before. Spain must be amazing! I love you both!

GMA or GPA said...

Hi Shannon, you girls are having
fun even in the "hard ship" times.
makes me want to come have fun
with you. Carry on, love, maxine

Tracey said...

Awwwwwwww I'm glad you made it sister. I love you!!