Thursday, June 14, 2007

Chateau de Sucky *edited*

Sooo.. Chateau de Versailles was NO GOOD! That whole stupid place was bad. We got up and it was really hot and sunny. I put on my cute little white dress and sunscreened and shan looked all cute in white capris and a little tank and sunscreen. So we get on the train and get off and it's freezing and pouring rain in Versailles! Of course, we aren't shocked by this anymore. We stand outside in the rain in the Queue for an hour. Joy. We finally get in and bought tickets to get us into the house and Marie Antoinettes stuff down at another place. The maps are completely useless as it doesn't show the entrance to the buildings and there seems to be no entrances. We finally get in the house and in each room there is a little sign with just a number on it. So that the people who bought the little audio thing can hear what the room is or what happened there. Everyone else can guess. I wasn't about to buy the stupid little thing. Every once in a while there would be a sign.. sometimes 5 languages.. NEVER english. I think those people would invent another language before they would post English anywhere. They made me RAGE a lot. So they said there is a mini-bus to take you to Marie Antionettes stuff. Wouldn't you know it costs 6 euro (which they don't mention when you buy your ticket to get in there). Shocking. Or you can walk (in the pouring rain on the mud) and they say it's a 60 minute walk. Well, what's that at least 3 or 4 miles? When we get to her little play area she had as a little kid (which was really cute) on the walkway out there, lots of dead scorpions laying in the dirt. I'm a big fan of nature you know!! My leg is very infected now and I noticed it while I was there so i blame Versailles of course. After every stupid room in the castle there was a little place you could buy stuff. Oh ya, I wasn't gonna give them another penny. One part made me laugh, the queens chamber where apparently 19 royal children were born. I thought at that point Josh would have exited via second-story window. HAHA.

Now we are going to relax tonight and tomorrow. We're sending lots of love and we love all of your comments!

We are very tired. Shannon says she loves you all and she is alive. I am blogging for both of us.
Au Revoir!

8 comments:

Mev_Lohman said...

So, sorry that you had a crap-time...which is exactly why I think you should just come back home. We all miss you ridiculous amounts, and it's silly that you're still galavanting in Europe.
Oliver says it's ridiculous...and he loves his Aunt Amy.

Dannell said...

we are sorry for the clamity, but it will make the best stories, everyone LOVES to hate the french, sorry MEV, but it is just stuff like this! LOL!

Plese try to take care of the bites and maybe recheck with the friends at the pharmacia. Show them the bites and pussy places. Buy what they show you. I will send funds to cover the purchase!

C.J. said...

Le stupid French...a pox upon them all...off with thier heads...no wait they already did that! Tomorrow speak bad french all day long to teach them a lesson. le take that! Viva la pepe le peough!
People here miss Donald Duck. Bear and I spent the morning with Josh, one of them ate a book, but I'm not saying who!
We love vu!

GMA or GPA said...

Amy, maybe you should stop wearing
your high heels and switch to flats. and i too am sorry you are
not having a wow good time. what
is 6 euros?? about $30 ?? I agree
with Oliver, it's time to come
home. love from the old folks.

Debbie said...

Girls it was just one bad rainy day. Tomorrow will be better and you can relax and find the hot chocolate place. Love you both!

Mev_Lohman said...

So, yeah...
Right after I wrote you earlier, my mom told me some bad news...Jeremie has cancer, so if you (and anyone else whom might read this), could pray for him, that'd be very appreciated...
Also though, it's high time you come home...

Dannell said...

oh mev I am so sorry, of course I will be praying for the whole family.

A & S: cu foray them tomorrow with joie de vire

Shannon Garcia said...

That makes me so sad. Versailles is one place that I've always wanted to see. Sorry you had such a horrible time there. Find a cute little street cafe and sit and make fun of French people as they walk by. That will make you feel better!