Saturday, June 9, 2007

Ireland does not have an art shortage!

Hello! Let's see... I don't remember all of the names I changed at the art museums but I especially remember there was one artist in Dublin- sir John Lavery and I of course referred to him as Sir John Lavatory! But I'm a bad little girl like that. We went to a Cork art museum today. I swear, this one girl looked at a painting of a two circles and a square for like 25 minutes. I can only imagine that maybe she fell asleep standing up. I have also decided that the museum gift shop does not fall into the shopping category as much as the museum category. Shannon seemed to like a lot of the art. Sometimes there is a painting that is random and nothing and she tells me it is a belly button. Obviously I do not get art.

We like Ireland! We had Irish breakfasts this morning which were good! We aren't really in the mood for looking at churches and cathedrals today so we are shopping and eating and probably journaling; we have a really pretty park by where we live. Tomorrow we are going to the Blarney castle and we are very excited about it!! I do plan to kiss the Blarney stone and Shannon is "leary" but I know she will!

Shannon smokes like a chimney. I keep saying.. Shannon please put that out and she refuses. I will need a patch by the time I get home. Everyone keeps smoking in the middle of my oxygen. We are both tired today. I have a headache and she is trying to get sick. I try to tell her not to but she never listens to me. Ok, I think that's all for today. I miss all of you!

6 comments:

Bob said...

Right there with you on that art thing.... I just don't get it either. Honestly, that's why they made words.

I suggest again that you reconsider
"kissing a rock..."

Love you, from the land of more words, (html code, and stuff like that...), and less art.

C.J. said...

Hey! We're getting a Jamba Juice here again...over by the Pita Pit.
Tell Sahnnon I caught a Dublin cold once and it was terrible, but it did give me a more realistic accent. Do you talk to each other in the accent of the country you are in?
Just think...here there is NO art. Come home!

Dannell said...

oh Tell Shannon to drink the good strong breakfast tea and have it again in the afternoon. Tea is so healing, smart to take a day of rest and just enjoy being there. I hope there will be sketching.

GMA or GPA said...

I'm having trouble with my
computer, but it read in your
letter that Shannon is smoking.
today we got the cutest post from
spain. that card had embrodery on
it. we loved it, and g-pa laughed
at the idea of prospering, but he
will take you any where you want to
go. you used to draw all the time
when you were little, and we called
it art work. i still have it. some
day it will be in a museum.
love & prayers, g-ma

Debbie said...

What are you talking about Shannon is smoking? That will make her cold worse!

Aunt Sheri said...

Hello Miss Amy!! Finally I have registered & can post comments. I came over to PF today for no particular reason, asked your dad a bunch of questions about laptops, Took Josh to White House tonight & had yummy food----even had some of his fries. Great food & even better conversation!! I sure miss you, this time next week I hope to be stationed @ the lake w/ the dogs & the bird. I have 1 week of school---not really doing any teaching, just playing. My Principal observed me & I was spectacular----self assessment!!! I am going to a BBQ tomorrow prepared by 2 of my students, they are in k & 2nd grade. They are also in charge of games!! This ought to be a hoot!!
Well, enough of me. Take care & God bless & you & Josh & I are going to Klinks when you get back!!!!!
Love you!!
Aunt Sheri