Friday, June 8, 2007

Corrrrk! Long story...

Debbie- Shannon gets up promptly every morning at 5:00 am and irons all of her clothes. No need to worry. When we arrive at a new location first thing she irons and hangs up all of her clothes. ; ) wink,wink.

Cork, well I like it of course. I do like Ireland a lot! We are about to have dinner at a pub I'm sure as that is mostly the choice besides burger king and McDonalds.. hee hee. We are adventurous though, last night Shan had Irish Stew, and I ate an entire bite that included lamb. Yesterday in Dublin we did absolutely everything all in one day-- walking! We visited the Dublin Castle, Trinity college, Many statues (I tried to climb on lots of them for you mom), St. Patricks Cathedral, Christ church, The National Gallery, Grafton Street, and we ate in the temple bar area. We accomplished a lot. Also there was a sign at the Cathedral that made me laugh a lot. It said no intoxicating liquors were allowed beyond that point, but liquors that don't intoxicate are apparently fine.

Our B&B is really cute!! We got an entire history lesson from our B&B man, he is cute and knows lots of stuff! I may have been more interested but I had the pack on for the entire 25 minute history lesson. Tomorrow we will stay around town here in Cork I think and then the next day we will go to the Blarney castle. Everyone, try to remind us in person to tell you the story of "Stanley". Also, we are not going to Tralee as planned, we had bus and airport and flight time issues so we are staying at the Cork B&B for three nights, the 8, 9, and 10th. Then bus to the airport and fly to Paris! Ok, I think that's all for now, Cheers! (They say that a lot here). Love you all!

3 comments:

Dannell said...

well Josh says ,"How do they spell liquor?" I love a host who knows the history and shares it freely! Cheers! Mom

Tracey said...

Hi darling! Sounds like so much fun. I wish I was there. Your bro brought over his new purchase last night. It's beautiful!! I saw your Justine at the bookstore. She MIIIIIIIIIIISES you so much. I do too! Love you!!!

Mev_Lohman said...

Sounds quite lovely!

Oliver likes to squeal now...it's very funny :) And also, he thinks it's quite hilarious if you "click" your tongue. Just thought you might want to know some stuff that makes him laugh, for when you FINALLY get back.

Also, guess who's anniversary is tomorrow? That's right, it's mine (and I suppose Phil's also....*wink*) We celebrated last night while we had babysitters available, and went to BRIX for dinner, and then went to Ocean's 13. It was very, very good.

Can't wait until you get back to tell us all these stories in person!