Saturday, June 2, 2007

buonas noches Madrid...

I just wanted to set you straight on a couple of issues. First, the art museum. Reina Sofia. Eek! dont go. Now you have heard it from me. We all know Amy is not a fan of any museum of any kind, but its true this one was especially bad. A canvas with two lines and three dots probably doesn´t count as great art. Also, there is quite a delima when you walk into a secured room with like five security guards, and only 20 people are allowed in at a time. You start to think you might walk in and see something amazing. But then its a giant pyramid made out of caramel or something, a square on the floor that someone tells you is milk, and a bunch of pie tins filled with uncooked rice. And then, you have to try not to laugh hysterically. Its more work than anyone can really handle. The rest, seeing as the museum was dedicated to Picasso and Dali, was disturbing as I have been quoted as saying, and will probably give many people nightmares.

Luckily, we love almost every other part of Madrid. Tonight Amy and I walked down to the very end of Gran Via to a plaza. Every building is lit up beautifully. And I think every single person in the city is out on the sidewalk, all dressed up. On our way back at about 11pm the dinner crowd was just warming up. As for us, we have our train tickets for tomorrow afternoon to go down to Alicante for a few days at the beach! Adios!

4 comments:

Dannell said...

sunscreen!!!

Tracey said...

Hi!!! It's me Tracey. I get accused of being a bad blogger, so here I am trying to be a good blogger. Today I went out on the boat with bob, dannelly, and mom and shadoe. It was beautiful and warm and wonderful. Except, I was missing my two chica bonitas. I got the cutest new swimsuit yesterday. It's pink and white and yellow. This morning Marisha and I went to the PF days parade. It was very funny and cute. We did get to see Allison driving the car with the Jr. Misses in back. So here's a question...can I write anything I want on this blog or can the general public view it? I have funny things to say but you know...Anyways, I think it's weird to tell you girls about my boring little happenings in PF since you are in Europe but the moms insist you like it :) I love you both muchos!!!

Debbie said...

People are just eating dinner at 11PM? Considering I eat my main meal at noon 11 sounds crazy to me.
Hearing you are going to the beach again is scary. You both looked a little pink to me last time. Love you both!

Debbie said...

We received our beautiful golden post card from Florence today. Thank you!!