Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bonjour!

Well it's Bonsois here right now! I am always very happy when I read all of the fun comments! Deb- yes I watched a lot of I Love Lucy, perhaps more than the normal dosage. haha! Angel face- I don't think that's the plan unless you are bringing a plane to get us! That would be fun-fun-fun!

I am trying to remember your questions-- people are weird here.. like if we're crossing the street they actually slow down and encourage you to cross safely, which is the exact opposite of Rome where they try to kill you! Most of the people we have met have been friendly and helpful with directions and when people see us with the map they are usually eager to help! Funny thing though, today a man asked to look at our map to see where he was going, then he asked if we needed help. HAHA.. we were like, no we got it, but thanks! Crazy.

We started the morning with getting up and going to the Musee D'orsay. I almost died in there actually. They have a lot of art. Shannon got this little device that tells you all about lots of pieces of art so she would look at the art, and then listen to an hour about the art still looking at it. I had to compete with the elderly for the few chairs. Finally I went to a cafe in there and had Cappucino and a muffin and I didn't die. For the art people, I enjoyed Degas and the ballerinas, I like Monet, I like Renoir with the dancers, and of course Van Gogh, but I just don't look at them for quite as long. You know I have the attention span of a poodle!

We also visited notre dame today. I give them props for sweet architecture and lots of stained glass. There is not a shortage of dramatic statues. Creepy gargoyle things on the outside of the building too. We got tickets for this boat ride you can do on the river and you can get off at any stop and get back on again or at another. We got on it and tried to ride to a certain location, but it was HOTTT and there were 5 million children on the boat so we had to get off for sanity purposes. We are going to ride it tonight to the eiffel tower and we are very excited! It was raining earlier so hopefully not so hot and maybe the children will be in bed, we're not taking it until late so it will be dark!

I can't think of what else to say about today. Tomorrow we are going to Versailles and we are very excited about it! Both Shannon and I are experiencing foot problems. Swelling and achiness. It is hard to be walking and on your feet for like 15 hours straight! Much Love to all!!
Au Revoir!

7 comments:

Tracey said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! Oh that was a hilarious account of your museum experience my little poodle. SOOO funny!!! I'm so excited for you girls to take the boat trip to the Eiffel Tower! How fun will that be?!
So news from here for me...Emily and I are moving into our 2 bedroom apartment tomorrow. It's about 50 feet from our current apartment but 3 flights up so we're really looking forward to making the 6,000 trips up and down the stairs tomorrow. Fortunately KC Billetz and her brother are coming to carry the heavy stuff ;) I am continually seeing the brilliant light of all the reasons C was the worst match for me ever. My mom and I are good brainstormers :) I'm sure you've heard the really juicy gossip surrounding that situation...I'm even impressed with the juciness and I'm sort of a part of it!! Meanwhile, pretty much everyone in Post Falls has broken up...I think there's something in the water. Other than that, only 2.5 more weeks of summer school. Whoo hoo!! Love you girls!!!!!!!!

Dannell said...

give your feet a rest and carefully and slowly ride the bicycles with helmets at the Versaille. Ice would be great on your feet, but you could also get a water bottle as cold as possible, put it on the floor and roll your feet back and forth over it and that will ice arches, balls and heels. then lay on floor or bed and place the back of your heel over the cold water bottle and that will calm down Achilles swelling and tightness. You are walking a ton, before you leave your apartment, do a few runner's stretches to loosen up. that is all I have to say of help except reducing salt intake and taking an anti-inflammatory, like Ibuprofen might help too.

Debbie said...

I went to a wedding Saturday and Jennifer wore an I Love Lucy dress. That is exactly how she described it to me on the phone.
Are you poodle now instead of cupcake? A/F will be disappointed.

Mev_Lohman said...

Come home!
Rico misses Cotton....

Good job staying alive at the art museum today :) I am proud!

I was watching the one with Ross and Emily's wedding, (London Baby!) and thinking of you guys, because it's in Europe, and so are you.
Also, when does your flight come in, because I'm thinking maybe Ollie and I would like to be at the airport ( ? )

Anyways, I have to tidy up for P31, but I will see you in a week! Yay!

Unknown said...

poodle no. cupcake si!

dad/AF

GMA or GPA said...

i think you need a pair of burkenstocks. I bought my first
pair in Israel, and wore them the
whole time i was there and had no
foot problems. maybe you could
get a pair, and i bet cheaper than
here. any way, i feel like i'm
writing a soldier. be careful,
keep your head down and helmet on.
g-ma and g-pa love you.

C.J. said...

Come on...there must have been some excellent nun sightings at Norte Dame..or do you see so many nuns now there are dull?
You must be getting lots of decorating tips at Versaille today, you'll want to re-do your apt! We are all praying about the BIKE...be careful. Are you visiting some bakeries? Waht kind of purses do they carry in Paris? We love you.