Saturday, June 2, 2007

You Know I Don´t Speak Spanish!

Hola! That title is mostly for the girls and Josh because I am constantly saying, ¨In English Baxter, you know I don´t speak Spanish!¨ HAHA.. people keep talking to me in Spanish and I obviously don´t ever know what they are saying! Aunt Colleen I haven´t heard from you in a while.. you out there? Happy softball to you Justine, everyone will love you the most, and dont listen to Kate, its not about having fun its about winning! Kate and Kassi, it sounds much TOO hot for stripping.. which is a funny sentence! The triplex of course! ; ) Grandma and Grandpa I´m loving your comments.. thanks! Gpa I will resume texting you when I get home! So.. here is something I have noticed. Spanish guy and Italian guy in a fight.. Spanish guy wins everytime always. They have much more muscle and I believe more the fighting attitude. I LOVE this city!! It is definitely my favorite so far on this trip! The streets are so gorgeous! There are these big buildings with intricate designs on them and then the streets are lined with big bushy green trees and lots of hanging flowers and there is almost no garbage and no grafitti! I just love it! I will share with you people a section of my journal now. It is my list of things I miss from home.. I´m sure it will grow.

1. Family and Friends (all of YOU).
2. Iced Grande non fat no whip white chocolate powder coconut mocha.
3. Texting.
4. My bed.
5. Subway.. we ate at a subway today but it was really just pretend.
6. Cheese you have to chew.
7. Salad dressing.
8. American TV.

Well tomorrow is a pack day :( but at the end of it I will be sitting on the beach in Sunny Mexico.. oh wait that´s the end of a different plan. haha.. I mean I´ll be on the beach in Alicante! Love you all! Thanks for the prayers! The foot is doing ok, but today was a particularly bad day for it. Ouch! :(

9 comments:

Dannell said...

I only miss two things:
1. Amy
2. Shannon

Sounds gorgeous, gorgeous girls for the gorgeous city!

Tracey said...

Bring me home a cute Spanish boy!! Speaking the same language is overrated and only leads to fights.

Justine said...

I'm with Tracey. I'll take one too!

GMA or GPA said...

dear amy,














a.



































dear amy (A.K.A. cupcake) where are
the Flamingo Dancers, you know the
ones where the guy throws the girl
all around? Well,don't bring home
one of those.and it is just as hot
here as there, and we are loving
it. the melted icy spokand feels
pretty good. not only does g-pa
miss the text mess. but the hugs,
he has to hug Putman and give him
10 dollars. Miss you lots, G-ma

Bob said...

Do they have chocolate in Spain? Could I have some?

(proud of you for working through Mom today... very level headed).

Love you.

Justine said...

It is a good day. Nuns playing softball. Thats all I have to say.

Justine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mev_Lohman said...

I gree with your mom: I miss you guys...
But I'm glad that you're enjoying all the cities and getting to see neat (and creepy) things!

Also, funny incident happened yesterday; we went to Phil's brother's graduation, and guess who was there? That's right, we bumped into Chris and Nadia on the way in (don't worry though, I looked pretty good)

After the graduation (which was on a Saturday, which is odd), Jake and Monika, and Kristian came over for dinner {which was funny because of the mix of company}, and we played games after, and PLEASE remind me NEVER to play Boggle with Kristian....he is too good. But it was nice to see him because the last time was at our wedding :)

But also, I miss you the most, and it feels like you've been gone for forever and three-quarters.
See you in 19(?)-ish days!

C.J. said...

Now we are just missing you! We want to hear the stories in person! You are making Spain sound fun, except the bad hotel part.
Are you sure all this art isn't making you want to draw and paint something? If goat and milk is art then why not hockey and latte?
We pray for you all the time and love that you are laughing...although UB says it's nervous laughter! Love you, cj