Monday, June 18, 2007

The Queen and the Mob

So.. yesterday to prove that we are sooo tough we gathered all of our strength and walked to Buckingham Palace. There were police barricades set up and lots of "Bobbys". They said that there was going to be a march (parade) and the royal family would be out too. Well we didn't want to miss a march or the queen so we went and got a good spot on the railing. We waited about an hour and then they marched in their entire military. Every branch and everyone who used to be in the military and is still alive. They also brought in two big busses of what we call "queen look alikes" which was a whole bunch of women all dressed like the queen with big ridiculous hats. I thought that maybe she was one of them or something and for safety they brought extras you know so people wouldn't know which was her. HAHA.. anyways, we never saw any royal family but it's safe to say we enjoyed ourselves. Behind us a guy climbed up in a tree and a female bobby(police officer without a gun, only a stick and handcuffs) was like, "get down, it's not safe for you up there." Then she got another female bobby and they both told him to get down. So he enjoyed the entire parade from the tree obviously and got down when it was over and left. HAHA... that amused me quite a bit!

So our hotel is most definitely run by some sort of mob. Not really sure. They have 8 employees that work all around the clock, morning to night and they have at maximum 14 rooms. Sooo... it is interesting that they are in such a bad condition and breakfast is so awful and they are always out of water and toilet paper. We like to name the employees because it sounds like a clue game.

Here they are: 1. the french guy 2. his girlfriend 3. The asian reception girl 4. the Asian guy 5. The curly hair man 6. The little maid girl 7. The bearded man 8. the mustache man.

We think there must be a little "side" business going on. Last night we were in our room talking and we had been for a little while about how we wished we had a tv so we could watch stuff and see what was going on with the queen and why she didn't come out or where she was if she did and stuff. Then like a little later at night there was a knock at the door. I asked who was there and Asian girl said "reception" so I opened the door and Asian man was standing there with a tv and Asian girl stood behind and answered the phone when it rang. He said, "you needed a tv?" I was like, no, we didn't need one because obviously I didn't want him to come in!! That totally creeped me out because we said no such thing about a tv to any of the employees, but maybe I've been reading too many spy novels. HaHa. Anyway I will be REALLY relieved to leave that hotel in 21 hours! Love you all!

9 comments:

Debbie said...

OK. So was Bill making up the story about the car with the queen in it that couldn't get out the gate for the march?

Dannell said...

my question exactly!And Amy told me the same thing!

Unknown said...

and i am confused also....
dad/AF

GMA or GPA said...

we have spent a week in London, so
can relate to your aventure. we
also liked the good coffee at S.B.
Father's day was fun and a ton of
great food. your mom made the best strogenoff for 22 people.
you both will be home for the next
party. love and miss you much.

Mev_Lohman said...

Sorry that you guys hadn't been feeling well...That is no fun when you are globetrotting....
But sweet deal that you got to see Queen look-a-likes!
I am glad that your trip is at an end; we all miss you so much! The other day, I was at Sonic, and there were MIU's and I wanted to text you about them...and when Phil and I went out to dinner last week, there were four of those Bicycle Cops in Downtown CdA all in a row (blocking traffic, no less), and I wanted to text you about that too, but I had to settle for taking a picture to show you when you get back.
A fun thing that happened this weekend though, Phil had to go to Mexico on short-notice (due to a lack of a driver for a missions team), and people came over for dinner that night and kept asking where he was, and I got to say "Mexico"...and they would look all puzzled and think I was joking :)
But he is back now, (safely!) and all is well.
We went to Olive Garden yesterday, and I thought about you guys and when you were all up in Italy..and also on the kid's menu there's Ollie the Olive, so I tried to show Oliver how cool he was that they would name a mascot after him, but he kept playing with Phil's menu (he was folding it! He's a genius!)
Oliver misses you like crazy too...he is getting so big and can do lots of stuff now...It's neat to see him playing with something and actually be able to tell that there's a thought-process going on...
Anyways, I think Phil, Oliver and I are going to go play at the park today, but I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday!!!!

Mev_Lohman said...

So, we just came back from the park and there are some funny stories to tell:
We were pushing Oliver on the swings, when a little girl behind the swings shows her mom a green balloon she found....Philip and I look up at it, then look to each other and say, "It's NOT a balloon!" (It was surely a used condom that someone had left in the park after a little adventure of sorts)
Also, moments later, another little girl (with Slurpee in hand) comes up to me and starts telling me about how her mom got her a Banana flavoured Slurpee from 7-11. I tell her that I approve of her flavour (it's a good one, and I'm craving one as we speak..) she proceeds to tell us the directions to the 7-11, "if you turn this way (right), and then this way (left), it's probably still there..." She then asks if she can push Oliver's swing, so I decide this probably okay...she continues to tell us how she's SO nice with kids, because "see, I'm not hitting him!"
Anyways, Ollie likes the bumpy slide and the swings, and hopefully that little girl didn't put the "balloon" in her mouth and contract some aweful disease....

Shannon Garcia said...

I would be looking forward to the party, but I don't know how to get to the party. HELP!

Dannell said...

Shannon G. I left you my phone numbers and address on another comment when you said that.

C.J. said...

A bus load of queens makes me think of the bus load of 'I Love Lucy's' in RATRACE! I hope you took a photo.
I hope today was all smooth and funny, you're almost home!