Sunday, June 10, 2007

Blarney.. Blarney...Blarney...

This morning we went to Blarney and went to the castle! It was an interesting experience. We had to walk up lots of VERY SCARY teeny stairs inside the dark scary castle with lots of people. We were there pretty early so the line wasn't terribly long but we didn't like being stopped in the inside spiral staircase knowing there was no way out, only teeny little windows big enough to shoot arrows out of (Shannon taught me that). Once we were almost to the daylight at the top (I don't know why they put the stupid rock at the VERY TOP) I said, "lets get this kissing over with" and there was this cute older couple from Virginia behind us and she said, "I bet that's the first time you've said that". They were funny and we laughed! Ya so Aunt Colleen said that when she was in Ireland on her honeymoon when she kissed the blarney stone there was a little old man who lowered her down to kiss it. As luck would have it, that same old man was working today!! He was very cute though. I was a little nervous (see if you're shorter you have to lean back and down even farther) but of course after the line I was gonna do it!! He lowered me back and I still couldn't reach and I had to go even lower!!! Then I kissed it and I came back up and I told him, "That wasn't my best kiss ever" and he was like, "Oh come now... is there something you aren't telling us?" It was cute! The photographer was young and strong and cute and he had to sit there and push a button, which made a whole lot of sense to have the 103 year old man be responsible for not dropping people a long way!! Although they have several signs posted about them not taking ANY responsibility for any injury. That made Shannon feel oh so secure! We do wonder what the death rate is! We went to the rock close and there were all these creepy witch things there. The irish are very superstitious! One of the things was the wishing stairs and apparently if you walk up the stairs (which mind yourself because they can be slippery) then you close your eyes and walk back down the stairs backwards your wish will come true. Ya.. that's a very safe good activity! We of course didn't but we did laugh at this crazy lady doing it and her husband rolling his eyes at us! HAHA.. that's funny in all countries! The rock close all together was very Bayou-like! WAY too much nature going on there!

Happy Anniversary Rico and Emperor!! I hope it's grand, they say that word a LOT here!
Hey Aunt Sheri!! Welcome to the blog! I can't wait to hang when I get home.. I'm coming to the lake, prepare my bed in one of the cute little upstairs rooms!

Ok, well it must be getting close to dinner, and then we have to pack you know, then tomorrow is a VERY long pack day. Taxi ride, then 3 hour bus ride, then 3 hour flight, but then we will write from Paris!! Love you all!

9 comments:

Shannon Garcia said...

It sounds like you should have kissed the camera man instead of the rock. The Irish are strange. I'm glad you were the one rolling your eyes at the crazy superstitious people and not the one trying to kill yourself on the backwards stairs. We want you home in one piece preferably!

C.J. said...

G'ma and G'pa went to church on friday night so we took them doughnuts to lay in bed and eat on Sunday morning while they read the paper...we are teaching them to be retired!
When we were at Blarney we were the ONLY people there and that rock glen was really spooky! We can't imagine those stairs with a line...when I got to the top I dropped my purse and it fell all the way to the bottom...ub went and got it for me cause honeymoon.
Did you think you would maybe fall on your head at the stone?

Dannell said...

hilarious story telling. you were already pretty full of blarney, god help us now with the kissing over! CJ is funny too! Sheri was here last night and had my now famous "3 easy step" blogging class. LOL! I love you and miss you and love you some more. Just France and London and that is IT! then home to us and I mean it little missy!

GMA or GPA said...

G-ma is being G-pa's secretary
today, and this is what he says,
"now that you have kissed the
blarney stone you are really Irish,
which really means we can't believe
a word you say from now on."
your blog was very funny. did you
see any men that looked like G-pa?
you are going to come home with
such a cute accent. Love, G-ma

Unknown said...

You are very funny!! I miss hearing funny stories from when we do fun things! I am glad you had a funny couple behind you in line, because they liven the trip, but did you feel like they were chasing you up the stairs at all? Brian Regan is going to be on tv tonight, so I will try to remember funny lines for you.

Also be safe going to Paris!!
I miss you both so so much!

Mev_Lohman said...

Sounds like a GRAND time!

We are having a lovely anniversary so far...we're just relaxing today, since we celebrated on Friday night. We did buy martini-makings today though, so when you get back, we should have a martini-shindig (Dannell & Bob, of course they'll be virgin...or whatever...*wink*)

Also, we got your postcard today. You may be thinking, how did she get mail on a Sunday? Well, I just had forgotten to bring it in yesterday, and so I only got to it today....Oliver laughed when I told him we'd gotten a postcard from Aunt Amy...it was pretty cute!

I saw this book today, that had I seen before you left, I might have bought for you...It was about how to carry yourself in foreign countries, and what dining feux pas you should avoid, and stuff, it was kind of funny.

Anyway, I need to get going, but I hope you're having lots of fun and seeing lots of cool stuff. We love you and we'll see you soon-ish!

Justine said...

Hello my Irish beauty!! I am so happy that Shannon has gotten you to "diagram". I will have to pull off a KAJ 2nd annual art day! This time you aren't allowed to burn it. I can't believe you weren't completely grossed out by all the sick germs from others who have made out with the stone. I am quite impressed I must say! I Love You and miss you a lot a lot!!

Bob said...

Hmmm... Mev, perhaps we should talk about that shindig thing...

Amy, have fun in Paris, and if you get time, look up Jason, as you'll recall he had an apartment there.

Love you & miss you,

Dad

Mev_Lohman said...

I was just kidding, Bob :)
(Amy, say, my house at 7ish?)
LOL...